GNSS updates are displayed in real time on the map.
The GNSS updates are received through an Android foreground service, which means that the updates are processed continuously
(as long as the app is active), regardless of the view currently displayed.
GNSS detailed status (tap on heading for info):
- System – The constellation type of the satellite.
- Id – The identification number for the satellite. This is a pseudo-random number for most constellations.
- Fix – The satellite was used in the calculation of the most recent position fix.
- Azim – The azimuth of the satellite (0–360°).
- Elev – The elevation of the satellite (0–90°).
- C/N0 – The carrier-to-noise ratio measured at the antenna input (dB-Hz).
- Alm – The satellite has almanac data.
- Eph – The satellite has ephemeris data.
GNSS simulator works best if phone/tablet is not moving.
Algorithm: Start position is current lat/long randomised within ±0.1°, with an initial speed of 25 m/s (90 km/h)
and an initial course randomised 0–360°. GNSS updates are randomised, speed change within ±5 m/s
and course change within ±10°. Speed is constrained to 10–40 m/s.